The founders of HEVI-Shot® were long-time waterfowlers frustrated by the poor performance of 1999-vintage waterfowl loads. In December 1999, they decided to launch a company to commercialize a revolutionary nontoxic tungsten-nickel-iron alloy developed by Dr. Darryl Amick of Albany, Oregon.
Within a year, the company began producing and selling HEVI-Shot® brand shotshells from a small rented space in Sweet Home, Oregon. Within two years, HEVI-Shot® received national exposure through a co-brand arrangement with Remington Arms Co. In 2005, ENVIRON-Metal, Inc. took back the brand and began production and sales of HEVI-Shot® products from our Sweet Home facility.
As a company founded by hunters, each step in our development is guided by the desire to make each hunt the best experience in the field you have ever had. Today, HEVI-Shot® products cover virtually any type of shooting or hunting that uses a shotgun.
- Pioneered the very first Heavier Than Lead® pellets
- Developed the category of irregular pellet shapes, which boost lethality and reduce drag
- First to couple non-deforming pellets with buffer and nanoparticle lubricants to generate our legendary tight patterns
- Pioneered Dead Coyote!® varmint loads which completely trump #4 lead buckshot for spread and pellet count
- Introduced Classic Doubles™, the first high-density product designed for classic and fixed choke guns, low recoil shells with frangible pellets
- Only ammunition company to win at the NWTF World Record Still Target Shoot for 14 years in a row with our HEVI-13® turkey loads
- Brought HEVI-Metal® to waterfowlers, with tungsten-like performance at steel-like prices
- Our Magnum Blend™, HEVI-Duty®, Hog Wild®, and HEVI-Steel® products currently run ahead of the pack in innovation, performance, and value